Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Years Goals



I like the term goals as apposed to resolutions. I always have felt the idea of resolutions to be a rather tall order. To have a resolution to me means to resolve something in your life once and for all. I think this is a good idea in theory but the idea that I won't go back to doing something again seems a little to ambitious which may be why so many people fail at them. I decided goals were probably the better way to go. My mission president taught me that it's much easier to keep a goal if we simply take it day by day. Then it doesn't seem so hard of a task! So here are some of the simple goals i'm trying to get done this year.

  • Eating healthier-less eating out and focusing on eating more veggies. 
  • Limit my soda intake-one soda a day at most. 
  • go to the gym twice a week and staying active whenever I can't find the time to go. (I think having a kinect will help with this)
  • do a good deed and say kind words every day. 
  • read, read, read! 
  • pay fast offerings
  • keep a scripture study journal
  • go to the temple twice a month 
  • making decisions more prayerfully
  • Play a show 
  • Finish my EP 
  • Decide on a specific major
  • Move out of my parents place

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some very good and worthwhile goals to me. Good luck and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete