Friday, September 17, 2010

My top 10 songs right now

Hey yall sorry its been awhile since I've updated the blog, alot of stuff has been going down and I plan on doing a full blog entry in the next couple of days. Until then i thought it would be fun to maybe share a few of my favorite songs at the moment. There are sooo many good cd's coming out at the end of the year it would be a shame for anyone to miss out on some of the great stuff out now! so here's a little list of some of my favorite songs right now and why I like them.

1. Anberlin-Down 
I'm actually in love with their entire new album its darker and has a kinda U2 thing going on several songs but still sounds like Anberlin. This song is probably my favorite lyric wise..dealing with self doubt and failure begging for someone to help lift them up its simply amazing. 

2. Broken Bells-The Ghost Inside
These guys are so awesome. Probably the most unique and catchy indie song I've heard in quite some time. If I had to dance at a house party I'd totally dance to it (i have moves in case you haven't heard ;)

3. Fleet Foxes-White Winter Hymnal
Man I dunno what it is about indie folk but when it's done right it can just blow my mind! These guys remind me of a mix of the beach boys and Crosby, Stills, and Nash all rolled into one soothing 70's style song. enjoy!

4. Thrice-The Weight
Thrice have been around for awhile now (I remember listening to their first cd in high school) their new album "beggars" is so diverse in styles I'm amazed at where to look back at where they started from. This is probably my favorite song from that album. The lyrics are so powerful dealing with the doubts of what true love is. Its the most personal love song I know.

5. 10 Years-Fix Me
This song is my kind of independence song. the words in this song pretty much sum up how i feel dealing with adversity "I'm fine in the fire i feed on the friction I'm right where I should be please don't fix me."

6. B.O.B-Airplanes,PT 2
Everybody's heard the original song on the radio probably 1,000 freakin times! I feel this one eclipses the first one. Having Eminem's lyrics in the song makes the message of dreams and wishing hit so much harder.

7. Brand New-Jesus
Brand New will always be awesome to me. I love all their songs. This song I'd recommend for those who've never heard of them. It's almost like a prayer to God composed into a song. Personal and very relatable.

8. Brandon Flowers-Only the Young
Not much to say about it other than Brandon Flowers is amazing. I just got his solo album this week and I'm really digging the classic 80's synth vibe from this album. Even when his lead band The Killers are on hiatus he still makes amazing music!

9. Apocalyptica-Broken Pieces
Why is apocalyptica awesome? Its a metal band with freaking Cello's!! They mix in ochestra music with classic metal to create a very unique music experience. This song is special in that it has Lacy from Flyleaf (if you don't know who they are check them out!) very very good stuff :)

10. Jack's Mannequin-Kill the Messenger
Final song on my top ten right now is by one of my favorite artist's andrew mcmahon. Whenever I feel down about love and life I ususally listen to this song. It's like a mournful cry out to that special someone. He wrote most of this record to his exgirlfriend (which is now his wife) and this one to me really strikes a chord with me. 


So thats my list of favs right now..it changes every now and then and I'll probably be sharing some more in the future (as long as I don't hear alot of negative comments lol). So let me know what you guys thing!
Til next time friends!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, Brand New's Jesus is one of the best songs ever. I'm not a hugely religous person but I am quite spiritual and I have never really been able to sum up my feelings for God until I heard the lyrics of this song. For some reason it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete