Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"The times they are a changin"














Should doubt knock at your doorway, just say to those skeptical, disturbing, rebellious thoughts, I propose to stay with my faith, with the faith of my people. Thomas S. Monson 

The time has come for a change. Change that can bring forth great new opportunities and challenges. Change that can be scary, and life changing. I recently quit my job at Target and I'm now looking for a job that'll help me in my pursuit of a career in communications. I've been working at target since I graduated high school and started back up there after I went on my mission. It's a little bittersweet to say the least. While I'm greatful for the opportunity to leave retail and explore something more meaningful and worthwhile (I had alot of issues with the managment and retail is just awful if you want the honest truth). I will miss some of the great friends that I've made there. While I'm sure I'll keep in touch it's still hard to know I'll never get to work with these great people again.


I've been blessed enough to have the money to pay for this semester of school already and I'm going to be spending my free time looking for a new job. I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed by the prospect of change lately (with finding a new job and getting ready to graduate), but I'm greatful for my heavenly father and for my loving parents who've been there to help and support me through the decisions i'm making. While the future is scary I know that at times you need to step into the dark before you can see the light. I'm so excited for the new challenges I'll be facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment