Sunday, April 3, 2011

Childhood memories ruined part 4: We need teenagers...with attitude

As I sit here between conference sessions I felt compelled to do another blog post about something I enjoy looking back on childhood tv shows. Today I look back on two of my favorite tv shows as a kid. Power Rangers. Of course watching power rangers was one of the coolest things ever back in the day but unfortunately not only have they made way too many spin off power rangers series since the original back in the day. They haven't aged paticularly well either. For some reason it never occured to me how they basically pigeon holed the rangers colors on what race they were, Zordons robot alfa (or hatever his names is) is a ripoff of c3po, and my personal favorite is the recap at the beginning of the show. Still the novelty of the Power Rangers will never fade in my eyes.

I still have fond memories of the series (though i can't help but wonder if they had a giant robot why not just use that to fly to the moon and kill the evil witch? I mean why are they always on the defense? also how come the robots always fall into buildings and fight giant monsters and NOBODY in the media says anything about it? Is it that common of an occurrence? wow this is a rant) and will probably have my kids watch the originals as opposed to the new crappy ranger shows. I've attached one of the best episodes and a college humor sketch thats pretty hilarious. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment