Tuesday, January 11, 2011

5 random things about me

1. I'm so excited for a new year...mostly because it's bringing lots of new changes and experiences. I'm graduating slcc and transferring to a university, I'll be moving out (hopefully soon), finding a better job and career.

2. I really want to finish the album I've been writing in my spare time. It's nothing much really..just something I've always wanted to do even when i was a little kid. Listening to michael jackson and the beach boys I always had dreams of being part of a band playing in front of hundreds of people. Unfortunately I was always really shy about singing in front of people until a couple of years ago. Now I figure there's no better time to record and write since I don't have as many responsibilities as some of my other friends (family, career, etc) So I may post about this from time to time so i apologize if you get fed up with it!

3. I love having my braces off. I had no idea how good food tastes without having to worry about getting it out of the wires around your teeth, not to mention it's easier to look in the mirror. I no longer see a guy who looks like he's 15 anymore. I'm also doing whitening trays so hopefully I'll have the smile of a movie star (hey i can dream right?)

4. Confession time. I like many guys my age enjoy the typical stuff. Video games, electronics, sports, music, movies, and I have to say I LOVE reading. Like reading reading. I'm not much into magazines (except of the occasional geek magazine). I love reading literature from different time periods. Whether it's Of Mice and Men, Hamlet, The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, The Alchemist,  or even the hunger games books. I read lots in my free time. I have a huge collection of church books too that I love to read for talks and lessons or when I need some much needed inspiration. I'm always eager to hear of a new book! I now have about 7 books i'm reading and I don't know how long it'll take to finish them all but I love every minute of it!

5. I'm really hoping to step up and make alot of changes in my routines and habits this year. I feel like having a schedule where I pretty much spent my entire life either at work or school got me into a very mundane daily schedule that didn't lead to many "adventures". I'm making it a resolution to find as many ways to enjoy this year with friends as I can whether thats with a road trip or just a random adventure around town.

1 comment: